Enrollment is Now Open for Camps at Kinetic Arts Center!
Choose from week-long Summer Camps OR individual-day Day Camps (these take place on holiday breaks or teacher in-service days)
Click HERE for our complete list of days, rates and camp descriptions.
Greetings Circus Fans!
Kinetic Arts Center is hiring with positions open in a number of our departments.
See our jobs listing page http://www.kineticartscenter.com/about/job-opportunities/ for details and deadlines!
We are currently seeking:
Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Commitment: Available immediately. Weekends with opportunity to grow to weekdays in summer. Some evening pick-up shifts may be available.
- Answering phones and assisting clients with questions, payments and bookings.
- Data entry and enrollment processing.Light cleaning, organizing and data entry duties.
- Box office and event/show support.
- Ideal applicants possess the following skills:
- Availability on weekends.Comfort greeting and interacting with clients. Sales and Detail oriented. Able to manage their own time and task workload.
- PC and Google proficient. Experience with MindBody Online Registration a BIG plus!
- Experience or interest in circus arts, performance, education, or fitness training preferred but not required.
- This position is part-time. Pay starts at $15.00/hr with room for growth depending on experience. Training hours will primarily take place in the evening.
- Accepting applications on an ongoing basis. To apply please send resume and contact information to email@example.com
Summer Camp Manager, Youth Circus Arts – Ages range from 6yrs – 12yrs
- Commitment: 10 weeks. 25-30hrs per week, 11am – 6pm – One week of prep and then nine one-week summer camp sessions running June 11-August 10th. Position to commence in June with payment on an hourly basis.
- The Camp Manager is responsible for:
- Providing the through-line for the camp week
- Managing the lunch-time hour including lunch-time craft
- Responsible for basic first-aid and behavioral management support as needed
- Managing end-of-day check out and communication with parents
- Assist with the Friday showcase (ie help parents, run music, help with props, etc)
- Managing camp and craft supply inventories
- Works as aftercare staff including after care curriculum management (as needed)
- Oversees assistant coaching staff supervision
- Provides general support for coaches – ex. running late, sick, etc.
- Assists management of camp staffing from session to session
- Summer camp is separated into nine sessions. Each session is one week in length.
- Now in our ninth season, Kinetic Arts Center focuses on teaching circus with emphasis on performance, even during summer camp! Each Summer Camp session ends with a brief showing of the camper’s skills.
- Applicants for Summer Camp Manager must have several years of experience teaching children and be comfortable in a management role. Applicants with summer camp experience or classroom management experience a plus.
- Must have experience with PCs, Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), and electronic media.
- During employment – position will have additional benefits of staff rates on classes, open gym (if eligible), apparel discounts and more.
- To apply please send résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Camp, Youth Circus Arts – Camp Director and/or Camp Coach Positions Available – Ages range from 6yrs – 12yrs
Commitment: Summer camp is separated into ten sessions. Each session is one week in length. Applicants must be able to commit to a whole week at a time, however, the number of weeks and hours are flexible. Summer camps run June 12-August 18th.
Kinetic Arts Center focuses on teaching circus with emphasis on performance, even during summer camp! Each Summer Camp session ends with a brief showing of the campers skills. We are looking for individuals with strong aerial, acrobatics, juggling, and/or physical theater skills. Coach roles consist of two hours of coaching in either the morning (10-12pm) or afternoon (1-3pm).
Applicants for Coach roles should preferably have several years experience teaching children and be comfortable spotting. Coaches with other summer camp experience or classroom management experience a plus.
Camp Director roles are also available. Camp Directors must be available to for the full camp day (8:30-4:30pm, with a one hour lunch break), and work closely with the Camp Manager to be the through-line for the camp week. Camp Directors should be prepared to coach two subjects during the camp day, and provide direction for the end-of-week performance. Applicants for Camp Director must have previous classroom management skills and summer camp experience (preferably at KAC).
To apply please send résumé to email@example.com
Aerial Arts Instructor (Part-time) – Ages range from 6yrs – Adult
Commitment: Starting Summer/Fall 2017. Evenings, Weekends, Weekday Summer Camps
Kinetic Arts Center focuses on teaching with emphasis on performance. We are looking for individuals with strong aerial skills as well as an ability to teach and maintain form, technique, creativity and healthy mental/physical sustainability.
Applicants should have several years of experience teaching aerial arts (one or more of the following: static trapeze, single point trapeze, rope, tissue, lyra, cloud swing, etc) and be comfortable spotting. Coaches with availability on weekday evenings and weekend mornings/afternoons preferred. Experience with professional performance a plus. Also, a background in youth education and classroom management appreciated.
Compensation based on hourly rate plus bonuses available
Accepting applications on an ongoing basis. To apply please send résumé and contact information along with a headshot (if you have one) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Circus Arts Instructor (Part-time) – Ages range from 18mo-8yrs
Commitment: Starting Summer/Fall 2017. Weekday afternoons and/or Sat Mornings
Kinetic Arts Center focuses on teaching circus with emphasis on performance. We are looking for individuals with strong aerial and acrobatics skills as well as an ability to teach form, technique and performance skills. Knowledge of clowning/physical theatre, juggling and balancing a plus.
Applicants should have several years experience teaching children and be comfortable spotting. Coaches with availability on weekday evenings and weekend mornings and afternoons preferred. Experience with professional performance a plus. Also, a background in youth education and classroom management appreciated.
Compensation based on hourly rate plus bonuses available.
Accepting applications on an ongoing basis. To apply please send resume and contact information along with a headshot (if you have one) to email@example.com
We are looking for people who want to be a part of the most exciting circus-inspired fitness community to hit the Bay Area. We are always accepting applications for Aerial, Acro and Youth Circus Coaches. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Extraordinary, exciting and want to break from traditional fitness norms
- Teaching or developing classes appropriate for circus performers as well as people who dream of joining the circus
- Creative and can teach to people of all skill levels and ages
- Available during morning, mid-day, evening and/or weekend time-slots. Email us! email@example.com
Please include a class description, list of equipment/space needs, and resume including previous teaching experience.
By the creators of SALVAGE & INVERSIONNow Playing – CIRCUS VERITAS!Discounted Pre-sale Tickets Now on Sale
Nov 4 – Dec 17, 2017 –
CIRCUS VERITAS featuring the Sacred Order of the Burning Pants
Brought to you by the creators of SALVAGE (2015) and INVERSION (2016), CIRCUS VERITAS is a unique, live professional circus/theatre production about what it means to tell a lie in the crazy world of the circus. Directed and Conceived by Jaron A Hollander with an All Star Cast!
Saturdays at 4pm & 8pm, Sundays at 3pm & 7pm.
Special Thanksgiving Holiday Matinee, Friday Nov, 24, 4pm
Recommended for audiences 8+.
Click HERE for tickets and details.
Call us at 510-444-4800 OR See the Front Desk
to Capture this AWESOME DEAL!
We are now selling our special
20-Class Packs for Fall 2014
Ask us how you can save up to 58% off drop in class rates!
Deadline Extended Until Aug 31, 2017
Kinetic Arts Center
Kinetic Arts Center’s Artist-In-Residence program (AIR) offers performance artists a supportive environment to further the creative development of specific performance projects. Located in the vibrant city of Oakland, CA, artists will have access to dedicated daytime rehearsal time and space, supportive production expertise, and interaction with industry colleagues to give life to their projects.
2018 Season – Request for Applications
Kinetic Arts Center is now accepting applications for our 2018 AIR season. The 2018 season runs from November/December 2017 through April 2018 with one to two performance opportunities available:
- January 11 – 21, 2018, and/or
- April 12 – 22, 2018.
Generally, rehearsals (including tech week) run for four weeks with an additional two-weekend performance schedule, but artists are encouraged to specify how much rehearsal time they need for their project.
Download the Print Friendly PDF – Information and Audition Packet:
Kinetic Arts Center, Artist in Residency – 2018 Season
For more information: http://www.kineticartscenter.com/programs/artist-in-residency/
Photo Courtesy of Collective À Sens Unique. Hélène Leveau & Aviva Rose-Williams in the 2017 AIR Production of HEDGEHOG’S DILEMMA.
AUDITION / CALL FOR ARTISTSPAID Professional Performanceat Kinetic Arts Center, Fall 2017Materials Due: June 16th, 2017
From the creators of SALVAGE & INVERSION, Opening November 2017
AUDITION NOTICE: CALL FOR ARTISTS
Adult Professional Circus and Performing Artists
Now Accepting Audition Applications for
Kinetic Arts Productions’ upcoming Professional Show
Opening in November 2017
14 Week Contract Mid Sept- Mid December 2017
Deadline for Application Submission: June 16, 2017, 5pm
Auditions Dates: July 1 & July 2
Audition Location: Kinetic Arts Center
Seeking: Circus and Performing Artists with Multidisciplinary Skills.
Character Skills and Theatrical Training a Plus.
We are looking for the following skills (but not limited to):
Aerial, Acro/Gymnastic/Rhythmic, Hand Balancing, Juggling/Object Manipulation and Balance, Rola Bola, Contortion, Pole, Clown/Physical Comedy, Martial Arts, Dancers (Ballet, Break Dancing), Tight Rope/Slack Line, Musical Skills, Parkour, or anything that catches our imagination.
Applicants Must be Eligible to Perform in the US.
Local Performers are Encouraged to Apply.
To be considered for an audition, please submit the application form, photos, video and performance resume. Audition Applications must be turned into Carrie Kretzer, Company Manager, either by mail or email: Carrie@KineticArtsCenter.com. Please feel free to contact Carrie with any questions via email or call us at (510)444.4800.
Download the Audition Application:
Audition Application Form_Pro Show 2017
Audition Space Specs:
-Rigging: We have a 24foot ceiling for aerial acts – you can hang your own apparatus on our fly away rigging system or use our rope, tissue, single point trapeze, or lyra. We also have static trapeze rigged at various heights. If you need any rigging outside of this contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can make it work.
- Floor: Foam circus floor. Not sprung like gymnastic floor.
- Parking: Free off-street parking
- Location: 1 mile from West Oakland Bart and near 880fwy
SHARE THIS! Please feel free to pass on this invitation to those that may be interested. We wish you the best of luck!
Director of Operations
Kinetic Arts Center
785 7th Street
Oakland, CA 94607
Saturdays & Sundays, May 13-21 - Circus Kids 4 Performance Troupe’s Annual Show!
Enchanted Elements: A Magical Circus
Featuring the Circus Kids 4 Performance Troupe; Directed by Colin Epstein & Kate Hutchinson
Circus Kids 4 Performance, now in its fifth year, is one of Kinetic Arts Center’s signature Youth Circus Training programs. The troupe features 16 performers between the ages of 8-13yrs old. Enchanted Elements will feature acts developed over several months of rehearsal and will showcase skills in partner acrobatics, rope, tissue, lyra and physical theatre.
Only FOUR performances available! Get your tickets now because they always sell out! Appropriate for all ages. Limited Circus Floor and Chair Seating Available.
May 13 – 21, 2017
Saturdays @ 7pm
Sundays @ 2pm
Doors open 30min prior to show.
Performance on Kinetic Arts Center’s Main Stage.
Floor and Chair Seating Offered. Discount and Full Price Options Now Available. We ask our guests to pay at the rate they can afford. All payments go to support our training programs. All Audiences Welcome!
April 8 – 23, 2017VOID by Flux Vertical Theatre, presented byKinetic Arts Center’s Artist in Residence Program
April 8 – 23, 2017 – VOID by Flux Vertical Theatre, presented by Kinetic Arts Center’s Artist in Residence Program (AIR Program)
VOID is a theatrical experience featuring pole, aerial, and contemporary dance. Each one of us experiences a void in our lifetime, an empty space that needs to be filled as the result of loss, heartbreak, or tragedy. Through movement on the ground and in the air, we’ll explore how we learn to grow and triumph in spite of the VOID.
April 7 – 22, 2017
Saturday 7pm* & 10pm
*7pm show is rated PG and family friendly, all other shows are rated PG-13.
$15 Presale, $20 at the door
Box Office Opens 30 min before the show.
Performance in Kinetic Arts Center’s Studio Theatre.
Saturdays & Sundays, March 4-26 - Circus Spire’s Annual Show!
CIRCUS ODIOUS: Magnificence in Exile
CIRCUS ODIOUS: Magnificence in Exile is a dynamically rich circus experience with aerialists, acrobats, jugglers, hand-balancers, and clowns. Featuring bouffon-style characters, the show is a captivating performance highlighting magnificent beauty in a story of exile. It’s a fabulous show for the whole family!
Kinetic Arts Centers troupe of pre-professional performers, CIRCUS SPIRE, is reaching new heights of achievement in the art of circus and physical theatre (while encouraging the antics of clowns) with their 2017 production of
CIRCUS ODIOUS: Magnificence in Exile.
March 4 – 26, 2017
Saturdays @ 4pm & 8pm
Sundays @ 1pm & 5pm
Doors open 30min prior to show.
Floor and Chair Seating Offered. Presale and Tiered Pricing Options Now Available. We ask our guests to pay at the rate they can afford. All payments go to support our training programs.
All Audiences Welcome!