CIRCUS FORTE: Let the Circus Games Begin!
Running March 4 – 27, 2022
Tickets on Sale February 2022
December 2021 – Kinetic Arts Center’s pre-professional circus performers, CIRCUS SPIRE, invite you to join them as the boundaries between their art and athletic excellence overlap with competitive-style sporting games in their 2022’s production of Circus Forte!
To access a copy of the press release for CIRCUS FORTE, please click here Circus Forte Press Release 2022 v.F
CURATED: A Not-So-Still-Life Circus March 2020
January 13, 2020 CURATED: A Not-So-Still-Life Circus – Official Press Release
Kinetic Arts Center’s pre-professional performers, CIRCUS SPIRE, take you to the museum with their custom blend of circus, physical theater, aerial excellence, in 2020’s CURATED: A Not-So-Still Life Circus! Opening February 22 with performances through March 15, 2020.
January 13, 2020 FUTZ: Clown Down! – Official Press Release Kinetic Arts Center’s 2020 Artist-In-Residence Program presents FUTZ: Clown Down! – created and performed by Jamie Coventry.
All Press Releases:
- Sept 17, 2015 SALVAGE – Official Press Release Circus Beyond the Ring Presents SALVAGE – a theatrical circus performance, rebuilding the future from broken pieces of the past. Opening November 14th and running through December 20, 2015 at Kinetic Arts Center in Oakland, CA. SALVAGE is an immersive circus performance chronicling the evolution of fractured survivors who have narrowly escaped the deepest ravages of a recent global catastrophe.
- Mar 31, 2015 Flying Colors – Official Press Release Circus Kids 4 Performance – now in its third year – is a Youth Training program of Kinetic Arts Center of 16 kids between the ages of 8 – 14yrs old. Inspired by The Phantom Tollbooth and Miyazaki’s films, Flying Colors: Destination IllumiNation! is full of dynamic circus feats on the triple trapeze, aerial ladder, acrobatics and clown with fantastical puppets and stolen colors. Flying Colors is a local circus treat for everyone. With only three
performances available, get your tickets now because these shows always sell out.
- Feb 10, 2015 SHATTERED CIRCUS Official Press Release Starring the Circus Spire Youth Troupe, SHATTERED CIRCUS is a powerful reminder of what makes us all human – our emotions.
- Jan 11, 2015 Kinetic Arts Center performs at Major Libby Schaff’s “Made in Oakland – Inaugural Festival.
- Sept 9, 2014 In Honor of the 5th Anniversary of Kinetic Arts Center, this year’s theme is WE ARE FIVE! Help us Celebrate our 5th Anniversary with a Five-Year-Old Style Birthday Party
- Sept 9, 2014 Annual Circus Cabaret & Festival at Kinetic Arts Center CALL FOR ACTS Submit your Act for Consideration to Kinetic Arts Center’s 3rd Annual Themed Circus Cabaret & Festival.
- March 20, 2014 The Submarine Show They are Back for One Night Only: Saturday, April 5, 2014 Same Two Guys; Same Small Submarine; New Twist on Their Explorations. Just as Before, You will Laugh as they Cry, Swim, Fly and Go a Bit Insane! The Submarine Show: Two explorers crash their little submarine at the bottom of the ocean, lose the key needed to restart the sub, and in searching for the missing key entertains us with a mad-cap journey across every kind of terrain – never saying a word.
- January 17, 2014 Offical Press Release CircoMorph 2014 CircoMorph: The Primordial Circus! is a circus show based in the concept that one atmospheric change can morph a world into a sprawling environment not previously imagined. Featuring the Circus Spire Youth Troupe; Directed & Conceived by Jaron A. Hollander.
- May 16, 2013 Kinetic Arts Center Presents the Circus Kids 4 Troupers 2013 Production of A Silent Circus: Flying off the Silver Screen!
- Jan 18, 2013 Kinetic Arts Center Presents the Circus Spire Youth Troupe 2013 Production of Inversion: A Disobedient Circus! Which Rules are We Going to Break Today?
- Oct 27, 2012 The New York Times Magazine explains “Why Women Can’t Do Pull-Ups.” Really?!? Oakland’s Circus Spire Youth Troupe Members Prove the Article Wrong! At Kinetic Arts Center, the Circus Spire Youth Troupe (comprised mostly of girls) bust out pull-ups everyday and are a huge source of pride for each of the girls.
- Oct 15, 2012 Post Apocalyptic Cabaret: An East Bay Circus Festival about the Days after the End of the World. Runs November 30 – Dec 2, 2012
- June 28, 2012 Kinetic Arts Center announces the production of PreFringe PreView. A send-off-to-Edinburgh-Fringe-Festival
show of The Submarine Show and Fragment by A Mused Collective. Fringe Festival goers get to see these shows in Scotland; We get to see these shows first!
Feb 1, 2012 The Circus Differential: A Clockwork-World of Gears, Steam Power & Awe-Inspiring Circus – Official Press Release
- Oct 10, 2011 Circus Arts Students and Theatre Arts Students from Oakland School for the Arts Combine Skills to Perform
- Feb 18, 2011
Sub Pi: A Comedy Benefit Show Starring the Submarine Act (Jaron Hollander & Slater Penney), Pi Clowns and Other Circus Friends. Eight Shows; Two weekends; a Different Show Every Night. Fridays – Sundays April 1-10th, 2011
- Jan 24, 2011
Tracks And Ties: Circus Magic, Locomotion & Connection running for 3 weeks only! – Official Press Release Kinetic Arts Center’s Circus Spire Youth Troupe performs for three weeks only in a show about circus magic, locomotion and connection.
- January 11, 2011
Tracks and Ties, Starring Circus Spire Youth Troupe – Fact Sheet Circus Spire Youth Troupe Stars in TRACKS & TIES: Circus Magic, Locomotion & Connection. Inhabitants of an abandoned train station fill eternity with circus magic connected to the power of trains, tracks and ties.
- June 9, 2010
Type 1 Diabetes Can’t Keep 13 Year-Old off the Trapeze – Official Press Release Thrive 2010!FeaturesKineticArtsCenter’s Danielle Foreman in a Solo Aerial Act on Static Trapeze in Support of Juvenile Diabetic Research Foundation on June 19, 2010.
- May 25, 2010
Oakland’s Oaklavía Bike/Walk Event – Official Press Release Kinetic Arts Center Celebrates with Walk Oakland Bike Oakland’s Oaklavía Bike/Walk Event on June 27, 2010 with FREE Circus Performances and Class Demonstrations
- May 10, 2010
Frances Tiffin Goes to Circus College – Official Press Release KineticArtsCenter’s Senior Circus Spire Trouper (and Berkeley High School Senior) is College-Bound to CircusSchoolin Quebec.
- May 7, 2010
Students Going to Smirkus – Official Press Release Kinetic Arts Center Circus Students Run Away to the Circus for the Summer: 70 Shows in Seven Weeks Throughout New England with Prestigious Circus Smirkus 2010 Big Top Tour!
- March 5, 2010
Tin Can Cabaret – Fact Sheet Kinetic Arts Center and The Paper Doll Militia Present: The Tin Can Cabaret – A Fundraiser for Kinetic Arts Center’s Artist in Residency Program
- January 29, 2010
Eemax and Zurno’s Amazing Circus Humans – Official Press Release Circus Spire – Kinetic Arts Center’s Fantastic Youth Performing Troupe — Stars in “Eemax and Zurno’s Amazing Circus Humans” a circus show where theatre, puppets, contortionists, acrobatics, circus aerials and clowns brings to life a magical parallel world.
- January 21, 2010
Eemax and Zurno’s Amazing Circus Humans – Fact Sheet
- January 18, 2010
Eemax and Zurno’s Amazing Circus Humans (KineticArtsCenter, Oakland)
In the News:
Nov 2015 – KALW.ORG|BY CHRIS HAMBRICK Sights and Sounds on KALW – weekly guide to the Bay Area arts scene through the eyes and ears of local artists. http://kalw.org/post/sights-sounds-weekly-121015#stream/0
“Despite that rather dark premise, and the show’s inventively dirty costumes and destroyed-world set, Salvage is an uplifting show — a testament to resilience of the human spirit, and especially, to the jaw-dropping abilities of the human body, displayed here by eight extraordinarily talented performers.” Mark Rudio, A BEAST IN A JUNGLE, December 5, 2015
A BEAST IN A JUNGLE
San Francisco Performing Arts, Culture Calendar & Reviews
Nov 2015 – FROM KQED’S THE DO LIST -“Yet in their dramatic, new production, Circus Beyond the Ring and the Kinetic Arts Center in Oakland seek to defy the art form’s usual focus on the flighty and fancy-free, opting instead to present visions of survivors on the precipice of calamity, fighting to prevent themselves from tumbling into the abyss.” – Chloe Veltman, KQED The Do List, Nov 9, 2015
Nov 2015 – Cy Musikar: “And I’m shouting it out for ‘Salvage’ — a little punk circus show at Kinetic Arts in West Oakland with exceptional acrobatics and clowning that runs throughDec 20.” KQED’s The Do List, Nov 19, 2015
http://ww2.kqed.org/arts/2015/11/19/cy-and-davids-picks-lucero-body-music-disgraced-and-more/ to hear the complete podcast.
We were recently featured in BayAreaforSale.com See the full Article HERE