Enrollment, Late and Wait List Policies:
- Every Class Starts ON TIME. Please plan to arrive at least five minutes prior to start time.
- Please PRE-ENROLL for every class. – Do not assume because you bought a class package you are automatically pre-enrolled. We are happy to help you get pre-enrolled.
- Five minutes after the start time of every class is considered late: We start pulling students from the Wait List at five minutes after and can only hold your pre-enrolled spot until then.
- If you or your child is 10 minutes or more late, you can not attend class. Warm ups are very important to the health and safety of every student.
- Please do not ‘drop off and run’ without checking that your child is enrolled and taking the class – especially if you are running late or you have been attending a full class.
- Never hesitate to place your name on the wait list – the system will automatically pull from the wait list when other students early withdrawal. You will get a confirmation email when this happens (and it does happen)
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Can I download the waiver?
YES! Here is a Printer Friendly (PDF) Waiver. If you are not arriving with your child on their first day of class, please send this waiver with them (OR fill it out online – LINK HERE) so they may participate.
Do I need a reservation?
Yes, Please! Please note that you must be pre-enrolled in your class prior to attending to assure your spot. Do not assume because you have purchased a package that you (or your child) is enrolled automatically in your class of choice. Please pre-enroll in every class you want to attend. Once enrolled, we assume you are coming unless you tell us otherwise at least 24 hrs in advance. You can do this online at www.kineticartscenter.com , call us at (510) 444-4800 or talk to us at the front desk.
Some classes fill up – if your name is not on the yellow sign-in sheets, you are not enrolled in the class and might be turned away if the class is too full.That would make us sad. Please let us help you get pre-enrolled in every class you want to attend.
What do I wear?
In general, wear clothes that give you freedom to move and that you feel comfortable going upside-down in. Please do not wear jeans or clothing with zippers or buttons that may snag or damage you or the equipment. We request jewelry to be removed for this reason as well.
Do my kids have to wear leotards with tights?
No leotards are required but if your kids love them, go for it. Footless tights are preferred to foot coverings that may make kids feet slip on the mats.
Where do I park?
We have FREE off-street parking! Entrance on Brush at 7th Street. Street parking is also available and there are no meters either.
What does it cost?
We offer our classes as “drop-in” classes or sell 5 or 10-class discounted packages. Rates depend on the class taken and vary from $16-40 per class. NO REGISTRATION FEES – yay!
I have a GroupOn voucher OR won a gift certificate at an auction – what do I do now?
Thank you for your purchase and support! Once you have this item, please go to our online registration site and create an account for the person that will be taking class. Once your account is created, please call us at 510-444-4800 so we may redeem your offer. Please have your Groupon voucher OR gift certificate number ready at time of call so we can best assist you. Once redeemed, you can book your classes online or over the phone.
Can I combine first time student specials?
Unfortunately, no these offers can not be combined BUT you have the option of the three following offers 1. First Class Free OR 2. Any 3 for $50 OR 3. Using a Groupon or other new student package option.
Do you offer class sessions? When do your they start?
Enrollment at Kinetic Arts Center is based on an ongoing enrollment system. You can start as soon as you are ready! If you buy a class package, we can enroll you forward OR you can enroll yourself (or your child) online using our online registration system. If you have to miss a class in the series and please call us to let us know. Cancellations made 24hours in advance will not be charged. We request you reserve your classes prior to the class date and let us know of your away dates as soon as possible.
What is the cancellation policy?
Classes and Private Lessons may be cancelled with 24 hours advance notice without charge. Please call 510-444-4800. Private lessons cancelled with less than 24hours notice will be subject to full charge.
Once you are pre-enrolled we assume you are coming and staff accordingly. You must un-enroll yourself or your child at least 24 hrs in advance. If we don’t hear from you that you are NOT coming and you don’t come – we will have to pull the class from your package. That would make us sad to do that. You can un-enroll on online at www.kineticartscenter.com (see directions below), call us at (510) 444-4800, email us at Info@KineticArtsCenter.com or talk to us at the front desk.
What is the refund/return policy?
Generally, we do not issue refunds nor returns. We work really hard to assure that you (or your child) is placed in the class most appropriate for you. All classes are pre-paid. We have a very generous class package use policy – class packages are good for six months from date of purchase and you don’t lose classes if you cancel 24 hours ahead of your class start time. Our regular group classes are open enrollment- you can start and stop at any time! We have enrollment caps to maintain our excellent teacher:student ratio. Please ask us how to pre-enroll in every class you want to attend to ensure you have a spot saved!
How do I access my/my child’s account online?
- Go to the website at www.kineticartscenter.com and click on the ‘Sign Up Now” button on the top right-hand corner of the home page
- Log on AS YOUR CHILD if you are un/enrolling them. If classes for YOU Log-in as You.
- Go to “My Info” tab. and from here you can check your acct details, enroll or un-enroll in classes or buy new packages.
Do you accept Home School/Charter School reimbursement/payment options?
We are thrilled to have you as a student/family at Kinetic Arts Center and are very happy to provide YOU with any receipts or proof of attendance so that you may submit for reimbursement for payments made to us for any previous classes.
Psst!!! – If you refer a friend and they buy a 10-class package, YOU get a FREE class.